The Sound of Silence

I hate to be super basic but, the Cheng Library is the spot for complete concentration. I wish I could sit here and write about another spot on campus but honestly the library is the first place I went to and I don't want to try other locations. 

Probably the biggest reason I suggest the library as a good studying spot is because of all the available outlets! Every student knows the struggle of being at school all day and needing to charge their phone or laptop and the library has the most to offer, literally even the floor upstairs has spots to plug into.

One of my favorite spots is going upstairs in the middle room filled with all the big work tables and isles of books. There's even a little hidden spot with a bunch of lounge chairs to chill in. I usually take one of the tables closets to the door, with an outlet of course and I do all my studying or Netflix binges there. And when I say only the sound of a pin drop could be heard, I mean it.

Another bonus is the group study rooms you can rent for a good three hours a day. Renting those rooms are amazing because no one bothers you and its way more quiet than the rest of the building. Just don't make the mistake of locking yourself out of the room while going to the bathroom like I did. If your interested in renting a room just use this link the day before you want the room for.  →http://chengrooms.wpunj.edu/rooms.php?i=13968

In case you've decided that the library is where you want to study just know the hours vary. From Monday to Friday the doors open at 7:45-11:45p.m, Saturday is 8a.m to 8p.m and Sunday is 12p.m to 11:45p.m. 

The Cheng library offers so much more to offer but in terms of getting rid of all noise and concentrating on whatever it is to do the library is the spot. I do highly suggest sitting nowhere near the computers though because the keyboard is obnoxiously loud and annoying. 

Comments

Post a Comment